Garden design ideas photos can provide you with beautiful garden design ideas that will nurture your wellbeing. Take visual cues and inspiration that will ignite your creativity. Gain visual inspiration, what plants to grow, and examine layouts, color and concepts. Take in how you feel in each and consider this for wellbeing when designing your garden to make it personal and a successful experience.
IT ALL BEGAN WITH BLUEBERRY PICKING TO GET INSPIRED FOR GARDEN DESIGN IDEAS!
I took a few days this past week to visit different gardens with my gardening friend Harolyn.
Each of the places was so different, from a farm to a winery and a home garden. We had so much fun on each of the gardens!
I confess, the winery was not planned. After picking up blueberries we drove by the winery on the way to my friends house. Somehow, it called us. No really!
I heard our names!
So we did what any person would do to obey. We went and dropped off the blueberries at Harolyn’s home and drove back to the winery.
I am so glad we did!
This place was so beautiful, it has that magical garden feel. The dream garden with its views, the gardening art and the gardening aesthetic was sublime.
But let’s start at the beginning, with the blueberry farm because each place had a garden layout that made the experience be so incredible. I learned a lot about myself and what I want in a garden as a layout and feel.
The design ideas began flowing!
This flower was an amazing find. It is a Japanese Anemone, a perennial that will make it to my garden one day.
I have a lot more to show you so get inspired to design your cute gardens.
HOW DO I MAKE A GARDEN LAYOUT PLAN
Visiting gardens was part of developing my garden layout and aesthetic. Even if the gardens are huge or farms, you can get so much from experiencing the space.
it is essential to have a thought behind your garden design, whether you are designing a cottage garden, a secret garden or need vegetable garden ideas.
Steps for Developing a Garden Layout:
- ASSESS THE SPACE: Begin by taking measurement of your outdoor space. Note existing things such as fences, structures, trees. You need to understand what you are working with that is existing to learn what are your limitations and develop the right plan for your space.
- SET YOUR GOALS: What do you want to achieve with your garden? Do you want a space to relax, do you want vegetables or flowers or both? What is the purpose of your backyard garden. Read ‘Mindful Garden | What is Beyond the Blossoms? TOUR THE BEAUTIFUL SUMMER GARDEN’.
- CONSIDER YOUR LOOK: What is your style, the look you feel you connect most to. Do you like romantic, modern, eclectic or a cottage garden. You can even have a fairy garden! It is your space and your gardening dream.
- CREATE ZONES: It is time to divide the areas you want and need in your garden. Some spaces to consider are; seating, planting, raised garden beds, potting table, chicken coops, water feature and pathways. As you organized yoru home gardening experience, the organization will help with connecting to the space for wellbeing and also maintenance in the future.
- SKETCH YOUR LAYOUT: It is that time, grab a pencil or pen and your paper. Experiment with different arrangements until your have one that is your vision and fulfills all your goals.
- GARDENING 101: Select the right plants that will thrive in your zone and it matches your desire for look and maintenance. Weather annuals, perennials, trees that fit your space once they grow and some that become the star of the show as gardening art.
- MAINTENANCE: Always think of what is going to be required to tend to the garden. Don’t do more than you can maintain really well that will make you happy and not cause any stress. A happy easy garden is a daily gardening party!
BLUEBERRIES AND BONDING!
First stop… We spend a couple of hours chatting and collecting blueberries. The best part was the beautiful place, but also the sweetest owner that made the experience such a joy.
We met a few people and now have a new gardener that is planning to get together and exchange ideas.
The space was so cozy, a cottage feel and even a vegetable garden a fun long vegetable tunnel with delicata squash growing.
And the flowers! The colors were everything and my mood immediately shifted to feeling comforted and happy. I could not wait to see more. Read ‘COLOR IN THE GARDEN | It Will Boost Your Mood.’
The dahlias were such beauties., just the sweetest space with the inviting feel that I always look for in a space. The dahlias became a great focal point in the landscape design.
The cute gardens flowed so smoothly and they transitioned you to the blueberry experience so nicely.
Links in this article are affiliate links and if you click on them, we will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you! Clicking and purchasing help to support this blog and all of the home and garden posts we bring to you! Click here for full disclosure
HOW DO I CREATE A GARDEN DESIGN
Here are the top elements to consider for your garden layout as you go through the process of design. Garden planning will touch on the following:
- START WITH CREATING A FOCAL POINT.
- PLAY WITH COLOR AND TEXTURE.
- CREATE VISUAL FLOW BY INTRODUCING THE NEXT SPACE.
- BALANCE THE SPACE WITH SOME SYMMETRY.
- CONSIDER SCALE AS YOU SELECT PLANTS OR ART.
- ADD YOU IN THE GARDEN WITH PERSONAL TOUCHES.
- REVISIT YOUR DESIGN AS YOU EXPERIENCE THE SPACE AND ASSESS TO ADJUST.
Learn more about planning your garden by reading ‘Steps to Convert a Yard into a Garden’
At Olalla U-Pick Blueberry Farm, Jami Pragnell has done such an amazing job on her blueberry garden design. From her flowers to her vegetable garden, she has such big garden ideas that inspired me for my own.
One of the biggest takes from her blueberry farm was how she introduces you to farm and go from one space to another. Watch the video below for to see the different beautiful spaces.
WINE WITH A HAPPY GARDEN AESTHETIC
When we began walking towards the Olalla Vineyard & Winery from the car my jaw dropped. The garden design was so charming!
Yes, it was big garden ideas, but they apply to home garden ideas for small spaces.
Take a look at garden design ideas photos for small gardens and apply pieces of the landscape design in your garden spaces to add charm.
Sculptures bring so much character to the space. I was mesmerized by the sound and vintage feel of this beautiful garden art.
The entry had so many landscaping ideas for backyards that I found to be so soothing. The wagon, a water feature, gardening art, so many cute gardens within one larger space.
But the best was the view from the balcony!
You could see the beautiful grape vines with the Pudget Sound as the backdrop.
You can apply some of these garden hacks even if gardening in an apartment balcony.
WHAT ARE 7 PRINCIPLES OF LANDSCAPE DESIGN?
When starting to work out your garden aesthetic and landscape ideas think of the garden layout first.
Create a garden with the gardening inspiration you find around you and bring visual interest that is nurturing for your wellbeing.
|Balance||Think of designing and wellness as the stable effect for your garden. Don’t do one without the other.|
|Unity||Make sure as you work on the layout that you have a cohesive look.|
|Rhythm||Your garden needs to follow the rhythm of your life and the feel of nature to create a cozy feel.|
|Proportion||Make your space approachable and not a museum. Setting the right scale helps the garden not feel overwhelming.|
|Variety||Experiment in growing new varieties and spice up your life every season.|
|Harmony||Create the space that will incorporate relaxing gardening ideas that suit your life and has beauty in simplicity.|
Whether you are in your garden or someone’s farm, garden or backyard. You are building memories that will feed your soul and last a lifetime.
Take the time you need to go through the process to build your dream garden.
Watch the video below to visit the beautiful places that will inspire you today and tomorrow.
Your Cocoon Awaits You
IF YOU LIKE THE POST, PLEASE PIN BELOW!
DON’T LEAVE YET!
For more cozy ideas check out the blog post below
JOIN ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
You Tube Cocoon Raw