If you want the deepest connection to nature and a way to get inspired and creative, try gardening. Let me share with you some of my favorite DIY garden ideas for small spaces. Whether a small space, balcony, or small area, these are practical DIY’s that can help you get started. Learn about; my favorite gardening tools, organizing plant tags, a garden bed cover, planting tomatoes, and quail eggs.
Links in this article are affiliate links and if you click on them, we will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you! Clicking and purchasing help to support this blog and all of the home and garden posts we bring to you! Click here for full disclosure
HOW DO YOU CREATE A BEAUTIFUL GARDEN IN A SMALL SPACE?
Garden ideas for small spaces are always full of gardening lessons that can transform your experience. Gardening is one of the top 10 hobbies in the world and I can see why. Bringing the goodness indoors, like eggs, vegetables, and flowers, helps you understand how it is all about creativity that is born outdoors and continues indoors.
The amount of work and connection you place on your garden gives you so much back. Gardening is my art, yes, I said it. Gardening is a strong creative medium and we should think of it as such. All of our senses are active and it allows you to connect on such a deep level with nature. You will become inspired in the deepest way and transported to the land of flowers, butterflies, bees, and more. Do you want to learn more about how to get started? Visit Gardening for Beginners | You Must Know this First!
WHAT ARE SOME BASIC EASY GARDEN IDEAS?
Think of the garden as an extension of your home when working on the design and the DIY’s.
- COLOR: Think of color in the garden. You can find many shades and values of one color. As you guessed it, my favorite color is green, but the variety you get from one color are so many. Explore the possibilities in the world of color.
- LIGHTING: Add lighting to create drama and focus to areas you want to highlight. Amazing solar lights are available to make this easy.
- PLANNING: Provide options in seating to enjoy different corners of the garden. Think of a seating area the same as the interior design; living room, dining, gathering spot, outdoor kitchen, meditation area, or cozy spot.
- MATERIALS: Introduce materials that bring textures and interest; wood, concrete, metals, or stone.
- MOOD: A fire pit or fire element will instantly change the mood.
- ACCESSORIES: Decorate the same as an interior space; mirrors, frames, and large elements like sculptures. Accessorize to tell the story.
- MAINTENANCE: You don’t need grass to have a garden. Less grass, less maintenance. Plan the garden to match the maintenance and expense you desire.
- SEASONS: Gardening is seasonal, plan for it by adding plants that will work for each season. Use perennial plants if you want easy maintenance and select a few spots for annuals to bring color each season.
- PRIVACY: Create privacy through planning strategic plant locations.
- NATURE: If you want to enjoy wildlife, remember to provide food and water for them. The connection to nature will enhance your life in the deepest way.
- FOOD: Your first year grow the types of food you know you will be consuming and not wasting. Lettuce is an easy one to start with that will not go to waste and you can grow it indoors and outdoors.
HOW DO I BECOME A BEGINNER GARDENER
We all have to start somewhere, you just need to start. What is wonderful about gardening is that you will enjoy the process at any level of experience. Explore why you want to garden and it can open experiences you may have not explored lately.
I figured out why I love gardening so much this past week. As a child, I remember loving science kits, the lab kits, rather than the dolls. Unless I was going swimming and needed a companion, then the dolls would make the cut. The garden experience is a big experiment, you test and try new things. You never run out of things to try and even if successful, you keep wanting to improve. The way you grow the food or plant, even the way you experience the space.
Your mood reflects what you do in the garden each year, the bounty. It is your creative outlet and laboratory to create your healing space. Grow what helps you and encourages you to continue on this wellness journey.
Let me tell you about each of my favorite DIY’s that I have posted. Take a look at each one of the posts to learn tips and tricks on diy garden ideas for small spaces. CLICK ON EACH TO CATCH UP!
10+ FAVORITE Gardening Tools for a better Experience.
Gardening is a great activity and hobby that offers many benefits. From mental and physical health to inspiring creativity. I do have some gardening tools that I use every year and they make things a lot easier. Check out the post below to find out what gardening tools to get for a better gardening experience.
With these gardening tools, you will be ready to tackle any project to create a beautiful space to enjoy.
FOUR EASY STEPS FOR A GARDEN BED COVER DIY
This is one of my favorite DIY’s, stylish and practical. I am always grateful to have this ready each season when I see the little white butterflies. That pesky cabbageworm butterfly! This is a great option for a garden bed cover, practical, beautiful, and easy to remove and access inside.
With these simple steps, you can create a DIY garden bed cover that will complete the look of your garden. It will also keep your plants safe and thriving.
SHOP BELOW FOR BEAUTIFUL GARDEN ITEMS FOR YOU SMALL BACKYARD!
ORGANIZING IDEAS DIY | Plant tag hacks!
Have you ever found yourself falling in love with a plant and then realizing you don’t know what it is? I have been there and finally decided to get organized. Keeping track of your plants can be a challenge, especially if you have a variety of plants in your garden. If you enjoy introducing new ones every season, this will be a great tip.
Luckily, I have created an easy and great way for you to save your plant tag. You can learn more about the plant and keep track. Tags provide a wealth of information that will help your plant thrive. Check out the post to learn all of the data you can obtain from your tag and get organized. I always have one of the binders with me in the garden as a reference. They are handy when Spring arrives and in the fall while preparing my plants for the winter. SUPER handy!
How to Plant Tomatoes | EASY SAVING AND HEALTHY
I had to include tomatoes on the list, they are such amazing vegetables to grow. You may be ready to take your tomato growing to the next level or just start. Either way, this post will guide you step by step. You will learn how to choose your tomato variety and when to plant it outdoors. But also how to plant it, and essential information that will turn your tomato growing into an amazing experience.
Follow the simple steps and you will enjoy fresh, healthy, and delicious tomatoes throughout the year.
How to Eat Quail Eggs | EASY AND DELICIOUS!
Quail eggs may be small, but they pack a punch! This is an amazing alternative to chicken eggs that can be used in so many dishes. The post will provide you with nutrition information and why I began raising this amazing birds.
But even better, my favorite easy recipe is quail egg waffles, and no flour is needed. Yeap! you heard right, delicious waffles without the added flour. You will be wanting to go purchase some to try it. These great little eggs will add variety to your diet while adding nutrition and flavor to your meals.
PUSH YOURSELF TO GO BEYOND!
Sometimes questioning if we know enough to try something new, keeps us in a trap. The garden is our playground, a place to express ourselves, share our time and bounty. What has been your most impactful experience in the garden? Mine has been the first time I grew a dahlia. I knew I would never be the same.
Your Cocoon Awaits You
IF YOU LIKE THE POST, PLEASE PIN BELOW!
DON’T LEAVE YET!
COME VISIT FOR MORE INSPIRATION!
JOIN ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
You Tube Cocoon Raw