These simple outdoor decorating ideas that are effortless and make a big impact will transform your fence or wall. Decorating your wall will add a layer of interest and color. This planting method will also provide extra space when working in a small garden to add herbs, flowers, and that color you are looking for as a focal point.
Hello, green-thumbed friends! Have you ever been in need to add that extra something to your wall or fence? Well, I had that issue and found such an excellent and super easy way to infuse the area with life, color and some wellness. These DIY outdoor decorating ideas on a budget will add so much to your garden.
I needed to keep this on the easy-effort side and as a simple outdoor decorating idea that would deliver the punch and drama I was craving. Get ready to create this magic with a grow bag. It is such a versatile way to add herbs and flowers while transforming your personal oasis.
HOW TO DECORATE MY OUTDOOR AREA?
Having a small garden area does not mean it has to lack that beauty and tranquil feel you are in search of. One of the most creative and simple outdoor decorating ideas is vertical gardening. The wall grows bags provide such a great backdrop to your garden and creates such a beautiful vertical lush garden. You can make it as enchanting and creative as you like. Let me show you some ideas to consider in your small garden oasis.
Designing your garden that meets exactly your needs will provide you with so much enjoyment. Read “Gardening for Beginners | You Must Know this First!’ to learn steps to create your oasis.
Rustic outdoor decor ideas like adding a Buddha add a special something and purpose to your wall art.
Vertical Wonder: The Allure of Wall Grow Bags
Wall grow bags are a simple, brilliant, and versatile way to grow plants in your outdoor space. These fabric pockets, suspended on fences or walls, allow you to grow so many different herbs, flowers and I especially love that you can start seeds right in them. I love simple patio decorating ideas that add a lot of texture and colors to a small garden.
It all started when I was looking at my dahlias and I needed that extra layer on the fence since my sweet peas did not grow as much as last year with our ever-changing weather. After researching, I knew this was going to be stunning! The grow bags are easy to hang and all they need is watering. I do add some super-bloom liquid plant food to keep the plants in good shape since they are on little soil.
The beauty of growing on these is how creative you can get, but how simple it makes the effort. Go try one, it is really fun! This simple outdoor garden idea should not be overlooked. Create your own lush wall garden!
HOW CAN I MAKE MY PATIO LOOK NICE?
Creating a focal point that is inviting and not complicated is the best way. The grow bags allow you to make it as big as you want to or as small as you may need in the space you have.
Patio Paradise: Blending Form and Function
- Wall Grow Bags for Color and Texture: Hang these amazing fabric pockets on your patio wall or fence for an instant burst of color. You can add some stones, mini sculptures, and other interesting items to bring interest to the area.
- Personalize the Look: Arrange the flowers by selecting a color palette that compliments the area you are placing it. I like the greens and oranges against the green wall bag. The green makes the wall looks more lush even though is only fabric. You can do black for a more contemporary look and the plants will stand out even more.
- Think of Function: When searching for simple outdoor decorating ideas, remember that if you want to add that culinary wall, add this near your kitchen for easy access. Also, consider the sun, but try not to get the sun 8 hours a day since the lack of soil may make it too much for the plants. I have been using part shade and the herbs are doing fantastic!
Your garden is your escape, the space to relax, and experience serenity. Incorporating these types of elements in the garden, you will be curating an environment that invites you to embrace what you need.
HOW CAN I DECORATE MY OUTSIDE WALL?
Outdoor walls are a blank canvas waiting for you to personalize them and add that extra touch. With grow bags, you can decorate them with living art that brings life into your space.
Living Wall Delight: A Canvas of Greenery
Here are some options for you to consider:
- Vertical Herb Garden: Create a vertical garden with an array of herbs like rosemary, basil, thyme, and oregano, and add some red lettuce for color. Create your culinary dream in the bag.
- Floral Symphony: Growing colorful flowers create impressive wall art. The contrasts of colors and vivid blossoms create such a beautiful contrast against the green backdrop. It brings a fence back to life!
- Seed Starting Haven: The wall pockets are great to start salad greens. The color and textures makes the herb textures stand out.
- Vertical Aromatherapy: If you are looking for adding delicious aromas near your kitchen look at a wall made of mint and basils. WOW! This would be a delight.
HERBAL HAVEN CHART:
|Chives||Culinary, Ornamental for flower arrangements|
|Oregano||Culinary, Medicinal, Golden oregano is a great accent on the grow bag.|
|Thyme||Culinary, beautiful ground cover that will flower available (creeping thyme)|
|Mint||Culinary, Aromatherapy. Try the pineapple mint variety to add texture with the variegated leaves.|
|Nasturtiums||Culinary. Use bush type not trailing and place them on the bottom pockets so they won’t cover anything below. They will add a soft edge to the bottom and flowers.|
Read ‘IMMUNE SYSTEM PLANTS | My Story on Healing.’ to learn more about how you can use herbs for wellness.
STEPS TO CREATE YOUR OUTDOOR VERTICAL GARDEN
Decide the area you want your vertical garden. Look at height and width and decide which pocket fabric system you will use. I decided to use 3 vertical ones since the pockets were larger than the larger blankets layout. Using larger pockets allowed me to plant larger plants since they would have more soil.
Center the fabric system in your space. I centered mine between the fence posts. With an electric drill, attach the fabric system through the ring. Use wood screws to fasten it to the wall if placing it on a wood fence. I place the screws at an angle so they can hold the fabric system in place. This prevents it from sliding down or coming off easily.
Complete placing your fabric system in the space.
Add soil to each pocket. Use soil that has perlite and it is loose, potting soil is best. I add some worm earth casting to the mixture to help with retaining the moisture of the soil and it also adds many benefits with nutrients for the plant. You want soil that will hold the moisture. Keep the soil 1/2″ from the top edge so the water won’t roll right out along with the soil when you water.
Add your favorite herbs or flowers. I suggest you keep herbs separate from flowers. The flowers will need more watering than the herbs. This made it a lot easier for me to keep them going. Place your nasturtium seeds on the bottom pockets to add volume to the look and beautiful color when the flowers bloom. Allow for only one plant per pocket, more will be too much with the small amount of soil you have available for each pocket.
Add worm earth castings on the top to help keep the moisture in the soil. Add it around the base of the plant.
Water a lot! Remember that you need to wet the fabric really well to keep the soil moist after watering.
Provide the plants with super bloom plant food every 2-3 weeks. This will really help with giving your plants the proper nutrients it needs and will be depleted quickly in such a small container.
WHY YOU SHOULD TRY WALL GROW BAGS
- Vertical Space Maximization: These grow bags are so efficient and will allow you to grow many herbs in a small area.
- Aesthetic Appeal: I love the visual impact of a living wall, it adds charm and provides big in color where it is lacking.
- Accessibility: Super convenient, you can place it anywhere you like and change location if needed.
- Easy Maintenance: All it needs is for you to water daily by mainly wetting the fabric itself well. Remember to place them on part shade for success. Many herbs and flowers do well on part shade.
- Connection to Nature: Creating a living wall provides you that daily connection to your oasis and the growing process even more closely.
A few things to keep in mind is that it will require daily watering, especially in hot weather, and the material will eventually wear out, though the mind has done fantastic this season. The last one is what I keep mentioning, some pockets will receive more sunlight than others. Consider this when planting or adding decor to your pockets.
Links in this article are affiliate links and if you click on them, we will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you! Clicking and purchasing help to support this blog and all of the home and garden posts we bring to you! Click here for full disclosure
GREEN VERTICAL WALL TRANSFORMATION
With such little effort, wall grow bags are a great addition to your garden. Embrace ideas that make your space more beautiful to inspire you daily. I’m happy to help you with some simple outdoor decorating ideas!
These are magic to me, the touches you can add make a big difference and provides instant gratification.
Your space will thank you!
IF YOU LIKE THE POST, PLEASE PIN BELOW!
DON’T LEAVE YET!
COME VISIT FOR MORE!
JOIN ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
You Tube Cocoon Raw